Saturday, December 20, 2008

I miss my friends

My family and I decided to leave the church we've attended and been members at for seven years. Since late October we've been looking for a new church home, but so far have had no success. Week after week we discuss which church we'd like to visit next. They are always too big or too small or their beliefs don't line up with ours. The children's programs are very important to us since we have two children. I really want to go somewhere with other young couples with young kids so we can make friends in the same season of life as us. We also want a church that is more contemporary than traditional. I personally don't like the 'church in a box' that meets at a public location. We visited a church that meets at a community center and I just can't do it. I feel that it hinders my ministry. With a building you are able to have gatherings at any time without going through making reservations at a restaurant or something.

I really miss my friends at our old church and our daughter misses hers as well. I don't feel like we can go back without some people acting smugly toward us like we just couldn't do any better. I feel like that church family that we desire to have is out there somewhere. No offense meant to our friends from our previous church. They will always be in my heart and hopefully my life. If you are reading this, please pray for our family as we continue to search.

No comments: